WordPress Slider Plugin – Block Slider
Block Slider is the Next Generation WordPress Slider Plugin. It uses the WordPress block editor Gutenberg as the slider editor, thus you take the full potential of WordPress blocks as your slide content.
It’s is lightning fast and easy to use. It’s not just another WordPress slider plugin — it’s a new way to build beautiful, responsive slideshows. You get all the features you need to create stunning slideshows, without a clunky slider builder.
It works with the most popular page builders. You can use it anywhere using shortcodes.
Your Feedback Matters
Please pass your suggestions and feedback to us via the support forum to improve the plugin.
- Responsive Support: Block slider provides complete responsive support for almost all of its design options and slider settings.
- Works Everywhere: Block slider can be used anywhere in the wordpress with the help of shortcodes.
- Quick Transformations: Block slider is filled with super quick shortcuts that will allow you to quickly create a slider.
- Slider Library: Block slider comes pre-installed with enough sliders to get started quickly.
- Carousel Slider: Create awesome carousels using block slider.
- Keyboard Navigation: Create awesome sliders that can be controlled via keyboard.
- Dynamic Slider: (Upcoming) Block slider is able to dynamically generate sliders based on WordPress Posts.
- No Bloat: Unlike other slider plugins, Block slider does not depend on jQuery or load unnecessary scripts.
- Fully Customisable: Style your slider according to your design needs.
- Use Any Block: Use any Gutenberg block in the slider.
- Clean Coded: Block slider is created keeping WordPress coding standards in mind. It’s more organised and well structured.
- Light Weight: Block slider is extremely light weight as compared to other slider plugins.
- Page Builder Compatibility: Block slider is compatible with most popular page builders.
- No Fancy Slider Builder: Block slider does not offer a separate slider builder, It can be used directly in gutenberg.
- Device Visibility Control: A device visibility control, that allows you control blockslider block visibility on different devices..
- Slider Controllers: Different types of slider controller blocks (like next control, previous control, first control, last control, number control, bullet control, alphabets control and much more) that helps you control your block slider.
- Pre made presets: Block slider provides variety of pre-made presets that can be used to quickly customize your slider controllers.
- Slider Inserter Block: A companion slider inserter block that lets you easily insert block slider on wordpress post/pages.
This plugin provides 3 blocks.
- Block Slider Create awesome sliders with blockslider in native gutenberg
- Pagination Controls Create awesome block slider pagination controls.
- Arrow Controls Arrow controls let users move through slides. You can select between next, previous, first, last, etc
- Upload the entire plugin folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Once Activated, you will find ‘Block Slider’ block in the Gutenberg editor.
For basic usage, you can also have a look at the plugin website Block Slider.
Contributors & Developers
“WordPress Slider Plugin – Block Slider” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“WordPress Slider Plugin – Block Slider” has been translated into 3 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “WordPress Slider Plugin – Block Slider” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
For more information, visit Block Slider.
2.1.6 (30 Jun 2022)
- Fix: Layout Issues with Blocksy and Stackable
2.1.5 (28 Jun 2022)
- Fix: Bugs.
- New: Slider inserter block that lets you easily insert blockslider in post/page.
- New: Vibility manager for blockslider.
- New: Preview toolbar when viewing block slider.
2.1.4 (5 May 2022)
- Fix: A misconfiguration that was preventing users from updating the free plugin. But you have to update to this version manually, and in the future, you will be able to update from the dashboard.
2.1.3 (28 Apr 2022)
- Fix: Embeds issue in the slider.
2.1.2 (15 Apr 2022)
- Fix: Slider loading delays on frontend.
- Fix: Blockslider icon in the admin menu.
- Fix: Layout bugs.
2.1.1 (11 Apr 2022)
- Fix: Admin bar visibility issues when logged out.
2.1.0 (8 Apr 2022)
- New: Fix Fatal issues in the last update.
2.0.0 (8 Apr 2022)
Note: If you upgrade from older versions, your old sliders may not work.
* New: A completely revamped block slider plugin.
1.2.9 (14 sep 2021)
- Improved: Templates Library
1.2.8 (26 aug 2021)
- Improved: Templates Library
1.2.7 (12 aug 2021)
- Improved: Library
1.2.6 (13 july 2021)
- Improved: Library