Gutenberg is the code name for the new block based editor introduced in WordPress 5. It replaces the classic WordPress editor which is built on TinyMCE.
It is a significant change in how content is created.
With Gutenberg, you can add multiple media types and arrange the layout within the editor using blocks.
WordPress is changing the editor to make it more approachable to non-coders.
The main problem is that: blocks backend Ui is not as clear and intuitive as it should be.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- that’s it. It works out of the box.
How does it work?
It basically works. It’s magic.
(Behind the scenes adding small CSS and bytes of code to change Gutenberg blocks layout ).
May I have any extra heavy resources or bloat ?
Nope. Just, on backend, few bytes of compressed code.
What’s the killer feature ?
Now you can easily spot the markup you’re doing and also headings’ placement, to improve your on-page SEO and writing better content.
Contributors & Developers
“Block Styling Backend” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Improved code and overall stability
Improved HTML Headings tag.
* This has been a highly requested feature which might help SEO.
Now suddenly, if you care about the SEO on page, you could spot all the headings you have in your pages.
* While on previous version you should have seen just that you have been using any heading, from now on, you shall also check which heading tag you are using, of if you’re doing a semantically good job on your website.
* Near each of the title you will see a small square that indicates the closest tag element.
* Yep, of course, you need first, to write something and while doing it, remember that you are writing for users. Humans, not robots.
- Added titles to each section
- Microinteraction while mouseover blocks
- Microinterations on active blocks
- Improved code
- Improved plugin’s bagdes and icons
- Plus: fixed Pattern sidebar
- Second test.
- Added screenshot.
- First test.