The DM User Tracking plugin is a fully featured, page by page tracking plugin for your blog. Every time a page is visited on your blog, the plugin logs a whole host of information on the person who visited the page.
The plugin is totally customisable from what you decide to track to what you decide you want to see. There is an optional dashboard widget included for a quick overview of recent visitors as well as a search feature for you to accurately sift through your tracking log and find the results you are looking for.
Data that is tracked by default:
- IP address (including an attempt to locate IP addresses from behind a proxy)
- The HTTP referrer (what page the user was viewing before they clicked)
- The time of the click
- User ID
- User Level (admin, editor, so on)
- Display Name
- Operating System
- The page they visited
Data that is not tracked by default but can be enabled:
- GET variables
- POST variables
Please be sure to read the “Other Notes” section to view your responsibilities
in using this plugin.
Upon installing this plugin you need to realise that you are potentially logging
a lot of sensitive information on your users. You accept that by installing this
plugin you are accepting not to misuse or abuse this data in any way. I will not
take responsibility of any case of misuse of data caused by this plugin. That is
the sole responsibility of the person who installed the plugin..This plugin is currently incompatible with the multi user function of wordpress we are working on updating the plugin to support the multiuser functionality.
.This plugin does not currently support blocking of ip addresses.
If you are not installing through the built in WordPress method then please
follow the following steps:
- Download the plugin .zip file.
- Extract the .zip file into /wp-content/plugins/ (make sure that the plugin
is located in a file called “dm-user-tracking”)
- Go to your plugins page on your WordPress and click “Activite” under the
dm User Tracking plugin.
- You’re good to go! If you want to edit any settings click on “User Tracking”
under the “Tools” menu.
The frequently asked questions can be found either inside the plugin
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“DM User Tracking” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “DM User Tracking” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Updated the code to work with wordpress 3.5.1
- Fixed a fatal error which could stop the plugin from working correctly
- Minor updates