Freedom Permalinks can help you to change permalinks to any format you want.
Update slug structure, change domains, remove/add slashes or add extensions (.html, .php or anything you want) etc.
PS. While this gives you freedom to play with permalinks, you should know that you have to make those link structures work with your themes yourself.
For example if your theme is installed on subdomain1.domain.com, changing permalink to subdomain2.domain.com will break the existing links and you have to move your theme manually to subdomain2.domain.com to make it work.
Things you must know before trying this plugin: 1. It's best suited for custom/smaller themes. 2. Always create backup of your database before trying this plugin. Examples: Some permalink examples to just give you some idea to what we can do with "Freedom Permalinks". Permalink : http://subdomain-anydomain2.com/blog/%post_id%/%post_slug% Becomes : http://subdomain-anydomain2.com/blog/23/this-is-smaple-page-post Permalink : http://subdomain.com/blog/%post_id%/%post_slug%.html Becomes : http://subdomain.com/blog/23/this-is-smaple-page-post.html Permalink : http://subdomain.com/blog/%post_slug%.html Becomes : http://subdomain.com/blog/this-is-smaple-page-post.html Permalink : http://subdomain.com/blog/%post_category%/%post_slug%.html Becomes : http://subdomain.com/blog/health/this-is-smaple-page-post.html Permalink : http://nes.subdomain.com/news/%post_category%/%post_slug%-%post_id% Becomes : http://nes.subdomain.com/news/mobile/some-ceo-retired-23
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/plugin-namedirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Settings->Permalinks and click Save Changes
- If permalinks wont update from above step, go back to Settings->Permalinks then select Custom Structure option and click Save Changes.
- Does this plugin support changing domains?
- Does this plugin move the theme to new domain?
- Does this plugin support changing slug structure?
- Does this plugin support adding extensions at the end of permalinks?
- Does this plugin support adding forward slashes at the end of permalinks?
- Does this plugin support removing forward slashes at the end of permalinks?
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Freedom Permalinks” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Freedom Permalinks” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- New release