Limit post titles with a character limit within the WordPress dashboard. The plugin works with default post types (posts/pages) as well as any custom post types defined by plugins or themes.
Simply set the character limit in the plugin’s settings pane and check which post types you wish to limit.
The title is limited within the dashboard only and pre-existing titles may need to be updated to match the new limit.
- Upload the plugin folder to the
- Activate the plugin in the WordPress dashboard
- Tweak the settings under ‘Settings -> Limit Post Titles’
- Will this work with custom post types?
- My post titles don’t seem to be limited…
The plugin only limits within the dashboard. Posts added before the plugin was activated will need to be modified to match the newly imposed limit.
- Who made this?
Stephen Radford (@steve228uk), a web developer at Cocoon.
Contributors & Developers
“Limit Post Titles” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Limit Post Titles” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Added RTL language support
- We made it to 1.0!