This plugin adds a sidebar widget that displays randomly men’s quotes about women and “being woman”.
- Unpack the *.zip file and extract the /men-quotes-on-women/ folder and the files.
- Using an FTP program, upload the full /men-quotes-on-women/ folder to your WordPress plugins directory (Example: /wp-content/plugins).
- Go to Plugins > Installed and activate the plugin.
To add the widget: Go to Appearance > Widgets, add the widget to the sidebar of your choice and save.
To use the shortcode: Simply add [men-quotes-on-women] to your posts or your pages.
- How to add more quotes?
You can add quotes by editing the men-quotes-on-women.dat file. You just have to respect the same format. More simply, if you send me the quotes I will add them to the next version of the plugin.
- Is the plugin compatible with versions of WordPress ealier to 2.8?
No. Because of the new widget implementation, you need to use WordPress 2.8 or later. If you are using an earlier version of WordPress, you can try using Men Quotes On Women version 1.1.1 but, really, you should upgrade.
- How can I support this plugin?
If you enjoy this plugin and would like to help with the development, please consider donating. Otherwise, spread the word, report bugs and give this plugin a good rating.
- How do I report a bug?
If you find any bugs with the plugin or if you have any suggestions, please go to the Men Quotes On Women plugin homepage and leave a comment to let me know.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Men Quotes On Women” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Men Quotes On Women” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Compatibility check with WordPress 3.8.1
- New WordPress 2.8 widget structure
- New [men-quotes-on-women] shortcode
- Compatibility check with WordPress 2.8.2
- Compatibility check with WordPress 2.8
- Minor localisation work
- Files are now UTF-8, no BOM
- Initial release