It even supports podcast integration with PowerPress and external podcast feeds.
Show the ten latest posts:
Show the ten latest podcast episodes:
Show the five latest posts from category number 11:
[message_flow numberposts=”5″ category=”11″]
Show the three latest posts from an external feed:
[message_flow numberposts=”3″ feed=”http://example.com/feed.rss”]
[message_flow numberposts=”10″ category=”” podcasts_only=”FALSE” download_link_rel=”” permalink_link_rel=”” show_excerpt=”TRUE” excerpt_length=”10″ readmore_text=”Continue reading…” order=”DESC”]
Defining the thumbnails (Album Art)
The thumbnails used in the widget are taken from the posts’ featured images. In the event that a podcast does not have a featured image available, Message Flow will check the following locations for a suitable fallback image:
- A URL to the fallback image in the shortcode:
- If you’re using the PowerPress podcasting plugin, the default image will be taken from the iTunes image. PowerPress users can configure this in the “iTunes Feed Settings” section of PowerPress’ configuration. (/wp-admin/admin.php?page=powerpress/powerpressadmin_basic.php)
- In your theme’s directory. Just make sure it’s 165 pixels square and named “unknown-album_165.png”
Extract the zip file and drop the contents in the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation and then activate the plugin from the “Plugins” page.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Message Flow” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Message Flow” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Released on 06/14/2016
- Tested for WordPress 4.5+
- Added shortcode option
- Shortcode option
message-flowstill supported, but keep in mind
message_flowis preferred. Shortcodes with dashes also match shortcodes before the slash, e.g. message is also a shortcode when dash is present. Underscore does not have this problem.
- Added excerpt_length and readmore_text parameters to shortcode
- Fixed undefined variable warning when WP_DEBUG is enabled
- Automatically truncate long posts so widget doesn’t become too large
- Added “show_excerpt” parameter
- Fixed “Invalid argument supplied” warning
- Added support for regular posts that lack an associated podcast episode
- Added “podcasts_only” parameter:
- Fixed bug where post content would be inaccurate for some episodes within widget
- Fixed WP_DEBUG errors that appear when site has no podcast episodes
- Fixed WP_DEBUG errors
- Added screenshots
- Added more usage examples
- First public release