Most Popular Posts is a widget that is able to display a list of the most popular posts of your site (ranked by number of visits or number of comments). With it you can show your visitors which content are most popular, and built-in styles give you the ability to customize its appearance to your page. Widget / plugin is ideal for small news sites and blogs. This is an excellent way to increase click-through rate and reduce the bounce rate of page.
If you are worried about your server’s resources, I can assure you that the widget extremely tight cares about this issue. Its simple design makes you sure that the database on your server will not be filled with unnecessary data.
You can customize:
- The title of the widget
- Rank posts popularity by number of comments or visits
- The number of the displayed items (to choose from 1 to 10)
- Showing only those posts that were visited by example. Last 30 days (to choose from range from 1 to 30 days)
- Disable or enable the display of the number of visits
- Exclude from displaying specific pages and whole categories (by their ID)
- Change translation
- Change the appearance of the widget (you can choose from 6 ready styles or create your own (file custom.css), along with subsequent updates of the number of available styles will increase)
- Clean the widget data from SQL database (if you decide that take too much)
- Cache refresh time
In addition, the widget has a built-in filtering visits robots, so that the collected data do not include web bots. Widget styles perfectly cope with the parties and look great on mobile devices. Widget also support shortcode [most-popular-posts].
Widget is very simple to install and use, which should not be a straightforward problem to anyone.
Widget could be not compatible with catching plugins, like W3 Total Cache etc.
If you would like to show your support for this software, please consider donating: Donate via PayPal.
If you wish to show widget in post first set up widget options and save them. After that just write [most-popular-posts] anywhere in your post.
- Upload the zip to ‘plugins’ directory
- Unzip (steps 1 and 2 can also be performed automatically)
- Activate the plugin
- Configure and place the widget on your sidebar
- Now wait some time until widget gather data to show bars
Or just add .zip file as a new plugin in your WordPress administration panel.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Most Popular Posts Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Most Popular Posts Widget” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Caching added, now widget is faster
- Minor bug fixes
- WordPress 4.3 compatibility
- Shortcode bug fix
- Shortcode support
- Minor bug fixes
- Ability to rank posts by number of comments
- Now you can buy premium styles for this plugin
- 6 new changeable styles + custom.css file to customize bars
- Few new features
- Now you can include posts that were visited in last 15 or 30 days
- UI description fix
- 4.2.1 compatibility
- Code clean-up
- SQL Injection security fix
- Initial Release