To get started, you can install the Paystack plugin from the plugins page of your WordPress installation by searching for “Paystack Gateway for The Events Calendar”.
Alternatively, you can download the plugin from this page and follow the instructions on the page to install the plugin. Please be sure to activate the plugin when you have installed it.
☝🏻 Ensure you have installed the Events tickets add-on on your WordPress site before installing the Paystack for The Events Calendar plugin. The Paystack Gateway for The Events Calendar plugin cannot work without Events Tickets.
After you have installed and activated the plugin, you should go to the Event Tickets Plugin Settings on the menu tab of your WordPress site and click the Payments tab. This will show a tab containing all the Payment options on your site. If you have installed the plugin correctly, you should see Paystack on that list. This is where you can configure the Paystack Plugin. Click Connect to Paystack
Configuring the plugin
Here we will discuss all the settings you’ll find in your Paystack for Events Calendar Plugin and how they should be set to function properly for your plugin.
- Enable Paystack: Ensure that the Enable Paystack toggle is on so that Paystack can show up on the list of Payment options during checkout
- Test Mode/Live Mode: Paystack provides test parameters that allow you to simulate a transaction without using real money. If you select “Test Mode”, Paystack will be using your Test API keys to parse the payments, meaning that the orders processed then will be done with test cards, no real money is exchanged therefore no real value should be delivered.
When you are ready to go live, you can select the “Live Mode” option and the corresponding Live API keys.
- API keys: Kindly follow this link to your Paystack Dashboard Settings to find your API keys. Copy the right keys and enter them in the right fields in the plugin settings.
- Checkout Mode: You can select the Popup or Redirect method to specify how you want the Paystack checkout to be displayed to the customer.
- Webhooks: Copy the auto-generated URL and save it as your webhook URL on your Paystack Dashboard Settings, under the API Keys & Webhook tab.
How to get your Test and Live API keys?
There are 2 states on your dashboard: Live Mode and Test Mode. You’ll see the Test Mode/Live Mode toggle on the top right corner of your dashboard.
If there is no toggle and it’s just Test Mode, this means that your Paystack account has not been activated. Please follow this link to activate your account
When you go to the Settings Page to get your API keys, please note the mode that your dashboard is in, as that will determine the keys that will be displayed. So if the dashboard is on Test Mode, you can only see the Test API keys and vice versa. To see the other Keys, switch the toggle from one mode to another.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Paystack for The Events Calendar” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Paystack for The Events Calendar” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- First Release