Allow WordPress administrators to masquerade as other users on their site. Adds a dropdown select box to the admin bar as well as individual links in the dashboard’s user view. WP Masquerade also allows the user to revert back to their previous session for easy return to the admin user.
Thanks to JR King (castle-creative.com) for the initial development of the plugin was forked from.
- Download the plugin and extract the files
masqueradedirectory to your WordPress Plugin directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Goto the ‘Users’ menu in WordPress to see Masquerade Link.
Q: Why doesn’t the Masquerade as User” link appear in the user list?
A: For security reasons, the link only appears to users that have the ‘delete_users’ capability.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Masquerade” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Big refactor, add admin bar user selection
- Added nonce security check to POST request
- First stable release