Ever wanted to make your content more visual? With PicTips, you can! Hovering over an item with a PicTip enabled will display your chosen image.
PicTips features the following:
- Displays images as tooltip bubbles
- Automatically resizes and positions bubbles as required
- Customise look and feel of bubbles for your site
- Graceful fall back for non-compatible browsers
Please raise any support queries on the support forum.
Want more styles for PicTips? Try downloading an Add-On Style Pack
- Place the ‘PicTips’ folder in your ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory, or install directly from your WordPress administration dashboard with ‘Plugins > Add New’ and searching for PicTips.
- Activate PicTips.
- When you are adding/editing content you will see a new PicTips button on the visual editor, click it to add a PicTip.
- Q. Plugin Not Working?
A. Ensure that both PicTips and the PicTips style pack are Activated on the Plugins
- Q. An extra line is displayed before a PicTip?
A. On some content, PicTips appear on a new line. This is a known issue with
WordPress. For best results, add PicTips at the start of a new line.
Ensure that all fields are completed when you add a PicTip, missing information
may mean the PicTip does not appear.
- Q. An error message is displayed instead of a PicTip?
A. If a PicTip appears with a cannot load image message, this means that the Image
URL for the PicTip is invalid, check and retry.
- Q. Something else?
A. If you are still having issues, please ask a question on the support forum, providing a link to
your site and as much detail about the symptoms as possible.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“PicTips” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “PicTips” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Added new PicTip UI
- Improved loading ability
- Added style packs functionality
- First commit.